Recently, I added some office wallpaper to my little home office and I’m SO happy with how it turned out! This is now my second favorite room in our house, second only to my son’s nursery, as I love the wallpaper in that room as well.
I worked with Spoonflower on this post and got to try out their newly reformulated peel and stick wallpaper. It’s the best peel and stick wallpaper I’ve ever used! The design I went with is Wildflowers by writtenbykristen. You can use the discount code ‘ABM20SPOONFLOWER’ for 20% your order site wide, through 8/7/2022!
It’s really high quality, and it doesn’t feel like a “disposable” wallpaper by any means, even though you can easily remove it.
I did the accent pieces, but had a professional hang the wallpaper on the wall, and she also told me that she thought this peel and stick was much easier to use than others she has worked with—what a great review!
What’s new/different about Spoonflower peel and stick removable woven wallpaper?
- Thick, high quality wallpaper. This is not a cheap, crappy alternative to traditional wallpaper like some peel and sticks can be.
- The Spoonflower Peel and Stick wallpaper is a high quality paper with a subtle linen texture that is thick and tear resistant. They digitally print the design you select (or create!) in the quantity you need when you order it.
- Although it’s a peel and stick (no glue or paste required/needed), there is some give while you adhere the paper to your project, making it much easier to work with. If you need to line up two panels, this is super helpful.
- No need for messy glues or paste. Peel the backing off of the paper, press the sticky side onto the surface and smooth. Stand back and admire.
- All Spoonflower wallpaper is made in the US and is free from formaldehyde, phthalates, VOCs and PVC, providing a safe product for your home.
Why use peel and stick wallpaper over traditional wallpaper?
- If you think (or know) you will want to remove the paper within a few years or less, it’s a great option. Most often, this is recommended for folks renting their home/apartment and looking for a damage-free option. But, if you are someone who likes to change up your space fairly often, even if you don’t rent, this may be a better choice.
- You can use the paper on small accents or things other than walls. I used the same peel and stick wallpaper on a wall in my office, as well my bulletin board and a few storage bins. Other ideas might include: cabinets or dressers, stairs, interior doors, backs of chairs, or really any smooth non-porous surface that isn’t super high traffic.
I really liked adding these accent pieces to the room in addition to the office accent wall. It really made the room feel pulled together but not necessarily too matchy.
I also LOVE this wallpaper design! It’s so subtle and goes perfectly with the vibe of our house. That’s one thing I love about shopping from Spoonflower is there are so many independent artists to choose from.
Not only do I get to support their work, but there are lots of different style options and colors to choose from.
If you are working with accent pieces (things other than walls), I recommend creating a template for the area from scrap paper (like old wrapping paper, or even packing paper you saved to reuse).
Next, cut the peel and stick wallpaper using the template.
Then, if possible, cut a line down the center of just the backing. This way you can add the paper from the center rather than a corner. This may not be possible for any/all accent items.
How long will peel and stick wallpaper last?
Peel and stick wallpaper lasts just as long as traditional wallpaper. This is one of those things I feel like people forget, as we get really focused on how easy it is to remove the paper without damaging your walls.
But as long as your paper doesn’t get damaged by outside forces (like a water leak or something like that), it can last just as long as any traditional wallpaper does.
I love my office wallpaper! It adds just a little color, texture, and interest to my space but isn’t so wild that it distracts me while I work. Lol. Thanks for letting me share. -Emma
P.S. Elsie also used Spoonflower peel and stick wallpaper in her daughters’ room (so cute). Here’s the retro pattern she chose!