2022 Auto Show Guide: Car Show Display Flooring
| Fact Checked By:
Published: July 20, 2022 | Updated: July 21, 2022
Welcome car show enthusiasts! We’ve got the best auto show flooring options. This guide will explain what features to look for with display flooring and provide our top-ranked options in competing categories.
What Is Auto Show Flooring?
Auto show flooring is used underneath your main attraction. It creates a stable, comfortable surface for your guests to stand on and a polished look. Additionally, you can mix and match floor tiles to fit your car brand, the event theme, or create a vibrant backdrop.
Our selection of auto show flooring offers the benefits of being:
- Portable: Our floor tiles are lightweight enough to transfer from one showcase to the next.
- Easy to store: Tiles should be easily stacked, mildew resistant, and durable enough to be put away in storage without cracking.
- Durable: For added strength, look for commercially-rated garage floor tiles for your next event. Note: Check manufacturer specifications for car jacks and rolling weight capacities.
- DIY-friendly: You’ll want easy-to-assemble tiles for your events that take minimal effort and time to create an entire floor.
- Easy maintenance: Most floor tiles are chemical-resistant and can be cleaned with a simple water and soap solution.
Auto Show Flooring Materials
Choose the perfect auto show flooring to suit your needs and budget.
Hard plastic: Rigid garage tiles are the most resilient for commercial spaces, create the most sturdy surfaces and offer the most extensive selection of colors, textures, and ventilated options.
Soft PVC plastic: Customers love our flexible garage tiles for their comfort underfoot, sound absorption, and a safe car-jack-approved design. Compared to hard plastic tiles, they tend to be more expensive but require less maintenance.
Discover our top-ranked options, with options from hard and soft plastic tile categories.
Flooring Ranked Best in Luxury Style
Put your best foot forward with luxurious auto show flooring for your next showcase.
Achieving a wood-look floor display has never been easier with Swisstrax Vinyltrax Tiles. Made of modular, rigid polypropylene backing and a luxury vinyl top, you’ll get unparalleled durability in your flooring without sacrificing a beautiful wood aesthetic.
- Quiet and comfortable underfoot
- Resistant to oil, gas, and solvents
- Most unique vinyl looks
- Proudly made in the USA
You can achieve it all with Slate Flex Tiles – Designer Series. With an oversized tile design and hidden interlocking system, this flooring installs in minutes to cover a large space and appears seamless. Now available in 6+ complementary shades.
- No adhesives required
- Made of virgin vinyl
- 100% phthalate-free
- Beveled edges
Flooring Ranked Most Versatile
Depending on the number of car shows you intend to present, you may not need dedicated auto show flooring. Discover flooring you can use in storage sheds, garages, basements, and more!
Vented-Grid Loc Tiles™ are an industry-leading choice. They’re UV stable, odorless, resistant to household/vehicle chemicals, and come backed by a 12-year warranty.
With a semi-gloss finish and snap-together installation, you can easily repurpose these tiles after an auto show for your dealership showroom.
- Vents won’t trap dirt/debris
- Impact-resistant material
- Rolling weight of 36,000 lbs
- Customizable design
If you’re looking for a quieter, softer surface for your garage or workshop, Coin Flex Nitro Tiles are the go-to. They’re an equally as durable alternative to rigid plastic tiles and are super easy to maintain. Shop the collection today!
- Car jack approved
- Extensive color selection
- Quiet and insulating design
- DIY installation
Flooring Ranked for Best Color Selection
While many great garage floors come in different textures and thicknesses, some lack a variety of colors. Explore our choices for the most outstanding color selections.
Swisstrax, one of our favorite American flooring companies, offers the widest colored tile variety. You can mix and match over 15+ colors. Made of heavy-duty polypropylene with a compressive strength of 3,120 psi, your auto show attendees won’t easily damage your tiles.
- 15-year warranty
- Withstand up to 70,000 lbs. of rolling weight
- Oversized tile design
These oversized and flexible PVC tiles are a premium multi-use option – seen in trade shows, basements, workout rooms, and more. Their coin pattern aids in providing a slip-resistant surface for trade show attendees, while their material makes them great for thermal and acoustic insulation. Now available in over 10+ vibrant shades to brighten up your display.
- 25-year limited warranty
- Odorless, colorfast, and insulating
- Car jack approved
- Extensive color selection
Flooring Ranked Most Durable
We understand the investment in auto show flooring. High-traffic events can wear down your flooring fast, so we’ve chosen the most long-lasting choices from the hard plastic and soft PVC tile categories.
Level up your display flooring’s style, functionality, and durability with Nitro Tiles Pro. These modular garage tiles are a level up from our Nitro Tiles and are thicker (5/8″ thick). The most unique feature is their two-toned, high-contrast diamond pattern for added detailing.
Made of high-impact-resistant polypropylene plastic, these tiles can take on significant rolling weight – perfect when setting up and taking down auto show displays.
- Limited lifetime warranty
- High-end styling
- Quick-ship options
- Resistant to chemicals/UV damage
Textured Flex Tiles are heavy-duty flooring you can’t go wrong with. They’re made of a virgin, hard-wearing PVC polymer material that works well with car jacks, rolling weight, and high-traffic environments (stadiums, airplane hangers, trade shows, etc.).
Additionally, you’ll find that this option resists most household and vehicle chemicals, offers a non-slip texture, and comes 100% odorless.
- Lifetime warranty
- Car jack approved
- Heavy duty (5+ lbs per tile)
Flooring Ranked Most Affordable
We understand that while searching for stylish convention flooring, you’re also looking for a good deal. Discover our most budget-friendly with unbeatable features.
Nitro tiles are a 5-star product that won’t break the bank. Customers love their durability, high gloss finish, and low profile design. In addition, you’ll find that these tiles are UV stable, slip and stain-resistant, and offer a limited lifetime warranty.
- Low profile design
- Easy, snap-together install
- 3/8″ thick for increased durability
- UV stable/ fade resistant
Smooth Flex Nitro Tiles offer the durability of our traditional Nitro Tiles, with the added design benefit of being completely smooth to allow display equipment to stand up and move across easily. Thanks to the hidden interlocking system, you won’t have to worry about liquids penetrating the subfloor.
- No minimum order quantity
- Works well with rolling equipment
- Resistant to chemicals
- Car jack approved
Auto Show Flooring FAQ
How Do You Clean Auto Show Flooring?
If you’re actively presenting at the event, we suggest you broom off any dirt and crumbs and lightly damp mop your floor to remove staining.
If you’re done with the event and need a deep clean, we highly recommend you use a shop vacuum across the entire floor and hose it off with a mild soap and water solution. Allow to dry before you put your floor away for storage.
How Long Will Auto Show Flooring Last?
Most auto show flooring comes with a 10 to 15-year warranty. With proper maintenance and following manufacturer recommendations, your floor should stay in mint condition even longer.
How Do I Temporarily Install My Auto Show Flooring?
You can temporarily install your auto show flooring in a few simple steps.
- Prep your display area by brooming away any dirt or dust.
- Start your floor from the upper left-hand corner of your space and work outwards. Ensure the female side of the tiles (with loops) is facing inward.
- After completing the whole left side of your floor and its adjacent side, proceed to fill the rest of the floor with tiles.
- If you come up to an obstructive object or a wall, measure the area, cut the tile with a tile cutter, and put it into place for a more polished finish. Note: Leave about ¾” space between the tiles and the wall/obstruction to allow for expansion and contraction.
- If you’ve purchased edge pieces, snap them into place during this final stage. Otherwise, you’re done installing your display floor.
Does Auto Show Flooring Need Underlayment?
No, auto show flooring does not need underlayment when placed on top of concrete. However, if you experience extensive noise or shifting of your tiles, you can use rubber underlayment underneath your floor to prevent that.
We highly recommend our 2mm ShockPad. It’s denser than standard rubber underlayments, is made of recycled materials, and is compatible with all hard plastic tiles. You can lay it on your subfloor or tape it down for added slip resistance.
Can I Use Garage Rolls as Auto Show Flooring?
Yes, you can use garage rolls as auto-show flooring. Depending on the space, such as a 10 ft x 10 ft booth, rolled flooring may be a faster option. You can purchase custom-sized rolls from our favorite Diamond Nitro and Coin Nitro Roll lines to fit your booth perfectly.
If you’re installing rolls for a larger display, you may need help due to the number of rolls needed and their weight. Plan for one to two helpers to help set up the floor before your event.
Set your auto show display up for success with sleek and ultra-durable flooring! Shop now!