How to Boost Storage and Style in Your Master Bath With a Linen Closet
Is your linen closet a place you avoid at all costs because you have stuff so crammed and jammed in there you can’t find anything?
Half-folded towels wadded among bed sheets and an avalanche of pillows doesn’t really make for a useful storage area.
So if you can’t find your bed sheets unless they fall on your head, it’s time for a linen closet makeover with IKEA. This project was completed with a budget of $1,166.
Ask yourself the following before planning a new IKEA linen closet:
- Which items do I need to store? If you have bulkier items, like full-sized towels, you may consider using shelves, for example.
- How much space do I have available? A linen closet can be tucked in a narrow space, too. It can be as little as 18″, up to 60″.
We’ll Design Your Ideal IKEA Bathroom Easily, Affordably, and Online
Our IKEA Bathroom Design Package is everything you need to complete your new bathroom with confidence.
Why Choose an IKEA Linen Closet?
Keeping towels and bedding sheets in a closet will keep your linens clean and protected from dust and moisture. An organized linen closet also extends the life of expensive bedding and towels.
Properly folded and stored, linens are protected and ready for use — and far less likely to be appropriated for misadventures, such as washing the car or wiping down a muddy pet.
IKEA has tons of organizers. Also, their kitchen cabinetry is inexpensive, flexible and durable. Why not use it in a bathroom? Plus, AKURUM cabinets are easier to assemble or customize than most ready-to-assemble cabinets.
Take a look at our example of a linen closet done with IKEA cabinets in a master bathroom:
The Finishing Touches for Your IKEA Linen Closet
1. Ensure a Finished Look
Cover panels at each side to conceal seams between stacked cabinets.
2. Add Internal Organizers
- GODMORGON internal compartments for drawers – To keep smaller items such as handkerchiefs and napkins individually tucked.
- RATIONELL drawer dividers for deep drawers – Keep larger towels or bed sheets separated from other linens.
- RATIONELL tray divider – Bulkier towels can be neatly rolled and divided with these.
- KOMPLEMENT baskets, white – Carry your linens and keep a set of two nearby for easy organizing.
3. Recommended Shelf Heights
A shelf height of about 10 inches is good for sheets. Allow about 12 to 16 inches of shelf height for towels. Bulky comforters, wool blankets, and extra pillows may need 18 inches of shelf space.
Get a Professional IKEA Bathroom Design – All Online
Work with our certified designers to get a personalized bathroom designed around your needs and vision. If you’re interested in learning more about our service, make sure to check out our IKEA Bathroom Design Services.
Check out more of our IKEA bathroom design solutions: