These measurements apply only to GRIMSLÖV, VEDDINGE, TINGSRYD, HÄGGEBY, BODBYN, FILIPSTAD, BJÖRKET, LAXARBY, EDSERUM, and EKESTAD cover panels.
The Three IKEA SEKTION Cover Panels That Are the Exceptions to the Rule
If you thought IKEA would make it easy for you, you’ve obviously never put together any IKEA furniture!
Three SEKTION cover panels don’t fit the mold:
- BROKHULT cover panels are 5/8″ thick no matter which size panel you buy.
- RINGULT cover panels are also 5/8″ thick no matter what.
- HITTARP cover panels are all 3/4″ thick no matter which size panel you buy.
An Eighth of an Inch Can Really Affect Your IKEA Kitchen Design
These small differences in cover panels really can affect your kitchen.
- Get the measurements wrong and your new kitchen might not fit together very well.
- The 1/2″ panels will be good for fillers or exposed cabinet sides, but they will not be adequate for countertop support.
What we discovered in the IKEA kitchen showroom was that larger and thicker panels were cut down and used for countertop support.
The most significant impact to you is: you’ll be shelling out more money for larger cover panels.
We Want to Get Your IKEA Kitchen Design Exactly Right
IKD pays close attention to details like these so your new IKEA kitchen will be perfect. Let us keep track of these little differences for you. Hire us today and start designing the IKEA kitchen of your dreams.
Get a Professional IKEA Kitchen Design – All Online
Work with our certified kitchen designers to get a personalized kitchen designed around your needs and vision. If you’re interested in learning more about our service, make sure to check out our IKEA Kitchen Design Services.