Christian Alexander Takes the Helm as CEO of Nest Bedding
Nest Bedding, a family-owned and operated mattress and bedding brand, announces that Joe Alexander, Founder and former CEO announces his retirement and Christian Alexander will take over as President and Chief Executive Officer.
This father and son announcement embraces what Nest Bedding has been centered around since its inception ten years ago—family. As Christian leads the business into its next era, he will put a continued focus on company culture and champion cultivating a family of employees to create a people-first environment.
In Christian’s previous roles with Nest Bedding — most recently as Chief Operations, Marketing & Business Development Officer — he has been at the forefront of Nest Bedding’s business development while also building out the company’s first corporate office, including the Customer Service, Operations, Accounting, and Marketing departments. In this next era as President and CEO, Christian is ready to engage and support customers through what has become a cluttered and confusing marketplace. “I‘m honored to lead Nest Bedding as President and CEO, and am feeling energized to continue to fire on all cylinders,” said Christian. “Candidly, I’m most laser focused on being the brand consumers can trust in this space—not just for one single transaction but throughout their lives. We are creating sustainable product innovations that provide a lifetime of comfort and I want this to be our hallmark in the decades ahead.”
As the new President and CEO, Christian will play a critical role in expanding upon the company’s commitment to initiatives that improve customer sleep and health, and that have led to Nest Bedding’s industry-leading satisfaction rate. Several of those initiatives include:
Nest Bedding’s Commitment to Sustainability:
- In 2021, Nest Bedding launched the Lifetime Renewal Exchange Program, a first-of-its-kind program that gives consumers the unique opportunity to exchange the comfort layer on select mattresses from the brand’s lineup at any time, eliminating the need to replace the product, increasing its lifespan, and cutting down on waste entering landfills.
- Nest Bedding recently updated its existing mattresses, with new designs and monikers that link back to the brand name and origin. The new mattress names were inspired by birds, as they were when the brand was first launched by Joe Alexander in 2012, underscoring Nest Bedding’s dedication to nature and the environment.
- In 2022, the mattress and bedding brand plans to make innovative and eco-conscious solutions more accessible by introducing an LRE-qualified, premium foam mattress, along with new luxury bedding items and a uniquely curated selection of sustainable furnishings to further raise the bar on consumer expectations and a standard of quality sleep.
- By the end of 2022, Nest Bedding anticipates expanding its distribution network to the East Coast to decrease shipping times and reduce the brand’s carbon footprint.
Refreshed Showroom Experience:
- In February 2022, Nest Bedding opened the Chico Showroom, and in the weeks ahead will be unveiling a uniquely Nest Bedding way of experiencing bedding options. “The Odelia Executive Suites” will be an extension of the showroom that offers consumers the opportunity to test Nest Bedding products overnight. Shoppers will have a chance to truly “sleep test” products such as mattresses, duvet covers, blankets, pillows and more, for their own homes before committing to purchase.
- The mattress and bedding brand will also add four additional showrooms in California by 2023.
Boys & Girls Club: Nest Bedding’s ongoing partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of the North Valley continues to evolve year-after-year. The partnership has provided mattresses, bedding, and furniture at no cost to families coming out of transitional housing into their own permanent homes. In 2022, Nest Bedding is looking to expand this program into more regions of the U.S. and anticipates partnering with other non-profits to donate home goods.
Founder and former President and CEO, Joe Alexander, remarked on the change in guard: “My ten years as Nest Bedding’s President and CEO have been some of the most fulfilling of my life. As I retire to spend more time with my loved ones, I have never felt more confident and excited about Nest Bedding’s future with Christian leading the way.”
About Nest Bedding:
Founded in 2012, Nest Bedding is a family owned and operated, factory direct, mattress and bedding company that helped pioneer the disruption of the mattress industry. The brand is one of the first omni-channel mattress disruptors, having successfully married the online business model with a network of showrooms throughout the country. Nest Bedding carries organic sheets, all-natural pillows and USA made mattresses while offering a 365-Night Sleep Trial, and an industry leading lifetime warranty. For more information or to find a store near you, please visit: www.nestbedding.com as well as the company’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest pages.
Furniture Industry News and in depth magazine articles for the furniture retail, furniture manufacturers, and furniture distributors.
Read other articles by Nicholas Ledoux