Best Dog Kennel Flooring: 3 Doggy Daycare Ideas
| Fact Checked By:
Published: April 14, 2022 | Updated: March 30, 2022
Running a doggy daycare and looking for flooring that can handle the task? Finding the perfect dog kennel flooring requires a lot of considerations, from durability to maintenance.
In this guide, you can explore the 3 best dog kennel flooring ideas, and learn about the pros and cons.
How to Choose Dog Kennel Flooring
Flooring is an important but often overlooked detail in a doggy daycare. The flooring has to handle a lot of traffic, and it’s essential to keep it clean. On top of that, it needs to be durable and of course safe for pets.
With those requirements in mind, here are some important factors you should consider.
- Durability: Look for kennel flooring that is water-resistant and scratch-resistant.
- Easy maintenance: Dirt and bacteria can build up quickly, so you need something easy to scrub or spray down. It should be durable enough for routine disinfection.
- Comfort: People are trusting you to take care of their precious pets, so of course, you want to keep them comfortable. You may want to consider flooring with more cushion.
Rubber Kennel Flooring
Easy to maintain, comfortable, and durable, rubber kennel flooring is the perfect solution for your daycare.
Most rubber flooring is smie-porous, making it easier to clean. This option is also slip-resistant, even when wet.
- Shock-absorbent: It can handle the leaps and tumbles of energetic pets.
- Easy to clean: Just sweep away dust and dirt, then mop it down for an easy clean-up.
- The smell: Initially, you may notice a distinct rubber odor. To reduce the smell, mop the floor a couple of times using a mix of soap and water. Then let the space air out.
Vinyl sheet flooring is another great option, with easy maintenance and installation. From PVC garage rolls to commercial-grade vinyl sheets, this flooring offers superior performance.
Vinyl rolls are typically larger than rubber rolls, so you may not have to buy as many rolls to cover your space.
Vinyl sheets also have more style options, from wood looks to stone patterns, and more.
- Style: Choose from a variety of patterns to create a space that’s both functional and appealing.
- Easy to clean: All you have to do is sweep the floor and mop it down.
- Not as slip-resistant: Unlike rubber flooring, vinyl can become slippery when wet.
Turf is a durable and comfortable addition to any commercial kennel. The non-toxic material is safe for dogs, and it provides the perfect surface to run and play.
It’s also UV stable, so it resists fading from the sun. Pet turf resists heat and frost, making it great for outdoor use. It can last through any weather, lots of traffic, and even dogs attempting to dig.
- Durable: Unlike real grass, pet turf can withstand running, digging, and lots of playtime.
- Great for outdoor use: If you want outdoor dog kennel flooring, this is a great option. It’s easy to make a dog run using turf.
- Smell: Especially if you use it outdoors, pet turf has the potential to smell. We recommend Zeolite Max turf infill to reduce unpleasant odors.
- Heat: Artificial grass can get hot under the sun. If you use it outside, we recommend a cooling infill that will make the turf more comfortable.
Now you know how find the best dog kennel flooring options. No matter what you choose, you’re sure to find something durable, low-maintenance, and perfect for your furry friends.